Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Dinner c/o Blackstone Brew Pub

Another night Dad and I went to Blackstone Brew Pub. He wasn't with my cousin, aunt and uncle and me when we went, and I was feeling a desire for more of their Nut Brown Ale.
We both ordered the soup of the day, which was a red lentil soup. Though we found the underlying base of the soup -what seemed to be straight up Campbell's tomato soup- a bit of a disappointment.
I ordered the Cobb Salad with grilled chicken. It was generous in size, and pretty tasty. Dad had the fish and chips, minus the chips and plus a double sized helping of coleslaw.
Dad found that they had casked ales, which meant nothing to me until he explained it. So I tried a sip of his casked IPA and found it to be far more to my liking than most IPAs, including the one I tried from Blackstone in the earlier week.

No comments: