Friday, May 07, 2010

Cheese, Quesadillas, Ice Cream and Silliness c/o J & J

On my last night in Philly before heading back to Nashville I drove over to J&J's for dinner. As always he-J had a nice spread of cheese and snacks to start the evening. This time I was introduced to a cheese with Dragon in its title that had a nice kick to it. I forget its full name. Dragon's Breath? Dragon's Fire? Dragon's Teeth? I think maybe it was Red Dragon. S. tried a bit and promptly spit it out; it was not a cheese for a four year old's (almost five I think) palate.
As has become the norm, soon after my arrival S. went up to his room and came back down in an entirely new outfit and persona. Who might this be, you ask? Well, obviously it is PAJAMA MAN!
For dinner he-J cooked up tasty quesadillas. One had shrimp and beans as well as cheese, the other mushrooms and cheese. I was especially fond of the mushroom version. It was delicious.
N. is seen here biting on something I think we were considering cookies.
S. made yet another clothing change...though only in the sense that the top-most outfit was changed, he still had the pajamas and maybe even his original outfit underneath. Only now he was a pirate chef. We heard the tell-tale sound of the ice cream truck and went out on their corner to flag it down. Ha ha. Get it? Flag?!
Same exact lighting conditions, two different color casts. Stephen Shore would be so disappointed with me.
Whilst waiting for the ice cream truck to appear, we sipped on he-J's always excellent homemade limoncello. Man, I love that stuff. I also tried a Japanese ginger beer.
You can't really see it, but she-J and he-J are dancing/jumping in the background.

S. asked for a spider man popsicle while N. had a cone. I abstained.
Something went awry with the foot of S. so we made preparations to cut it off. Not really.
Look how cute N. looks while I, on the other hand, give the camera my full-on crazy eye.
The sink.
I think my presence riled the kids up pretty fierce, which flatters me while making their parents' lives more difficult. I just love it when kids love hanging out with me. And I don't think I'm wrong in saying that S. and N. really do enjoy my company. God, what if they don't? Won't that just be the the biggest of all embarrassments? Hm. Well. Alas. Thanks, as always, goes to the whole clan for their food, libations and company.

1 comment:

Darts said...

love the glow of the ice cream truck. it's so summer.