Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Preakness, Strawberries and Visit

Dad went to Preakness but Mom and I stayed home. I looked up the Preakness Drink and concocted them for us. Ingredients included vodka, rum, orange juice and pineapple juice. I liked First Dude's name, but made most of my bets with the assumption that Super Saver wasn't over-hyped. He was over-hyped. Alas.
After the race (which was disrupted by satellite tomfoolery, thus causing my mother and I to miss the actual finish of the race in real time) we went to my mother's friend M.'s house. She and her husband recently completed a home improvement that allows them a wonderful screened in porch by their frog pond.
The strawberries were grown by M. and were delicious. The older I get the more I realize that I should just break down and grow my own produce, so envious I am of others'.

No comments: