Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Dinner c/o Bombay Palace

Another night my mother, father and I went to Bombay Palace for dinner. My first experience had been very positive, though the lighting conditions had left much to be desired. My parents both started their meals with soup, which inspired me to try the tomato soup. This was definitely a little better that traditional Campbell's Soup, but not all that revolutionary.
My father and I split vegetable samosas, which were slightly unusual to me. Not samosas as a whole, but this particular kind of samosa. Or maybe not? I don't know. Instead of chunks of potato and peas, it was all very much a mush. Thing about all kinds of cuisine? There are a million different ways to do it. Duh.
Mom ordered the fried fish appetizer, which we all expected to be some sort of flaky white fish. So, we were surprised to find salmon instead.
I ordered a goat form of bindi bhaji. I wish I could say I loved it, but I didn't really. It may be that the soup and samosa filled me up, leaving little stomach interest for the main course. Or, perhaps, I should have expected the pieces of goat bone in the dish (this actually does seem like a reasonable expectation to have in retrospect) but I did not have that expectation and was not pleasantly surprised when crunching into bone when I was expecting meat. It was harder to find meat than it was gristle or bone. That said, I didn't look that hard and the few bites of meat and okra I actually did consume were nicely flavored.
So, not an entirely successful second visit to the restaurant.

1 comment:

Darts said...

i kinda wanna make the tomato soup pic my desktop background.