Monday, May 31, 2010

More Walk

So, I learned over the weekend that at least one of my readers is over all the nature photographs, while the other doesn't read any post that doesn't have photographs. One of you will be happy, the other less so. I was vigilant in my search of low-to-the-ground sassafras, as it has long been one of my favorite leaves to crush up with my fingers then bring to my nose and take deep appreciative sniffs. Unfortunately I could only find big strong trees, no early saplings at ground level, which is pretty weird, really, because I have always been able to do so in the past. For a moment I wondered if I had lost my ability to identify the plant. But I don't think so.



A hazy Morgan's Steep around sundown evening time.
The house from the road. Looks a little bunker-like. Bluebird house in the foreground.
Also: my mother says that cardinal bush thing from an earlier post is an Oregon Grape, or Mahonia. Same plant, two different names. Crazy!

2 comments:

j, foodie blog enthusiast said...

thank you for the follow-up on that bush!

i love your nature photos. love.

i love your food photos. love.

i love both.

i look forward to both.

just thought i'd chime in. i'd be sad if you weren't sharing all the nature-ness you seem to go out and enjoy on a regular basis. please keep sharing the pretty!

cc said...

no problem. and thank you kindly.