Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Breakfast c/o Sabrina's

Through previous trips to Sabrina's, I have learned that I like my meal far more when it's simple. I think my main example of complexity leading to trouble was when K., J. and I went there, geez, nearly two years ago (which is funny because I said it was tasty, but I remember it being too many things in one dish, and that the crab portion was lame...perhaps I lie to myself in my blog?). In any case, L. and I went to Sabrina's for breakfast and I ordered two poached eggs and sausage links. Oh man, so predictable. Poached eggs, poached eggs, why am I so in love with you? And, also, I do love me my sausage links. This was an entirely satisfying meal. At first I thought the eggs were overpoached, as I saw the tell-tale pale yellow of an almost completely cooked yolk, but upon egg white puncture I found there was still a nice yolk ooze ratio that I could get behind. L. ordered some wild and crazy omelet, which she seemed to enjoy greatly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw this post and then went and had dinner. At 11:30 PM.

cc said...

that warms my heart. though...you went and came back in the last seven minutes? what kind of dinner is that?