Monday, May 03, 2010

Another Meal Mom Ate, and Barbeque c/o Hog Heaven

I recall this set of meals being eaten on a rather shitty day, hospital-wise. But Mom says that this is one of her favorite hospital meals. I think she's referring mainly to the beef stew, not the Jello or carrots...but I could be mistaken.

Dad went out and came back with Hog Heaven barbeque, which was good though not overly exciting to me. It may have been the day. The meat could have been more moist and I thought the potatoes tasted funny. Is it possible to put too much butter in potatoes? I felt like they had too much of some weird, cloying taste. I also think it's funny that I assume that if I order mashed potatoes they will necessarily come with gravy, but twice I have ordered mashed potatoes in Nashville, and twice they have come with no gravy.

No comments: