Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Primo Hoagie, Take Two: Crazy For You, But Not That Crazy

Last Tuesday was my Friday--and by this I mean that I took the rest of the week off. Last Tuesday also was the day that M. kindly volunteered to drive and pick up Primo hoagies for everyone. As you may know, if you're a regular reader, the last Primo hoagie/sandwich I consumed was so awesome it made my 'best of 2008' post. I have to admit that this version of the same basic sandwich (I forgot to order it with tomato but the remaining ingredients were the same) would probably not make this year's list. It was an above average sandwich/hoagie, no doubt, but there was too much meat. This led to a disproportionate flavor combination and difficulty shoving the thing in my mouth (yes, yes, that's what she said). There is talk from the big gloved camp that tomorrow will bring another opportunity for a sandwich from the establishment, perhaps I will branch out and try something other than the Sicilian. You'll just have to wait...with bated breath, I'm sure.
The dragon was also not entirely convinced of this sandwich's merits.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess I wouldn't believe that there can be such a thing as too much meat in a sandwich (or hoagie) if I hadn't had the experience myself: it was a (otherwise delicious) pastrami sandwich from Katz's. (yes, typical tourist behavior...)

That hoagie still looks pretty tasty, though!