Sunday, February 22, 2009

Jacksonville Airport: Not Open Late

After my chicken lunch, I went to my gate and waited around forever...then a little longer because our plane was late, then a little longer because the plane had to be cleaned, then we got on the plane. Once on the plane we had the opportunity to wait a little more, because we were very far back in the line of planes needing to take off. Our original arrival time to Jacksonville was 8:00. I think we actually arrived closer to 9:30. Could have been worse, but it was already pretty bad. That said, the airport had some nice art installations in its baggage claim area. This thingadoo was made entirely of stamps! Stamps, I tell you, stamps!
It seemed like the entire airport was waiting for our flight. No restaurants were open, kiosks all seemed to be abandoned. It was a little strange. But warm.

No comments: