Monday, February 09, 2009

Impromptu Dinner c/o Abbaye

On Wednesday I got an unexpected phone call from Mr. Ass, asking me what I was up to for dinner that night. I was not up to anything. So we had dinner at The Abbaye. A., as we drove there, raved about the fish and chips the size of his foot and the great array of beer they offered. I had a Belgian White beer, the exact kind I do not remember.
And a burger with asiago cheese and pico de gallo. It was a very good burger, not stupendous or amazing, but it seemed like they had taken the time to spice the meat up a little and I was willing to believe that they were handmade, not pre-frozen. It was a little messy and too big for my mouth but I managed. The fries were nicely salted aas well, though not my ideal fry.
Mr. Ass was rather disappointed with his fish and chips. His fish was definitely not the size of his foot, thus ruining the possibility of taking a photograph of the comparison. He was also a little put off by the tar tar sauce. He did, however, have a homemade sweater on, so things really balanced out in the end for him.
It was nice to get out and go to a new place, especially unexpectedly so. I think this is an element of life I'd like more of: the 'hey let's go do this thing at a time when you are available to be spontaneous'. Heh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Long time reader, first time poster. Enjoy reading about your adventures, and the foods you try. I am deeply concerned that I have not seen the dragon lately. He must be hungry. Please advise.

cc said...

Anonymous, thanks for the first time post. I'm always happy to hear from a new reader!