Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Another Pho Round

On Sunday B., N. and I reconvened for lunch at Pho Ha. N. thought he had experienced the gustatory pleasures of the Vietnamese beef broth and noodle mother load, but once in the restaurant, he found that this was untrue. B., a vegetarian, has yet to experience the full beef glory...but did get a pretty good idea with the vegetarian version of the dish.

I asked for mine with fatty flank, less noodles and more fatty broth. To be honest, I don't think my noodle proportion was any smaller or my broth any fattier, but it was still very, very good.
While I remain stalwart in my support of this pho joint, now I'm beginning to wonder what its competitors can offer. An even fattier broth, perhaps? A parking lot that doesn't lead to higher level of stress, maybe (that, actually, is probably impossible).

No comments: