Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Walk Two

My next day in Florida, a Friday I think, I took another walk along the beach. I came across this seagull and its finding of a fish. I took about nine million photographs of this but I figure you only need to see a bird and a dead fish once to get the basic idea. What was funny was this: every time I took a step forward, the bird would abandon the fish entirely and fly about thirty feet away, but if I stayed still it would go back to the fish. Maybe that's not that funny.
This is a pretty mussel shell with a nicely centered hole. I took it with me. I plan to (but probably never will) thoroughly clean it, shellac it and wear it as a necklace.
Birds!
Penguilican!

2 comments:

Darts said...

penguilican! lobster baby!

Anonymous said...

The shell is pretty. I'm sure it would be an eye-catching pendant!