Tuesday, November 06, 2007

This Ain't No Shuffle

This is a mix/playlist/whatever the kids are calling it these days that I made this summer and still enjoy:

I'm Still Waiting- Bob Marley & The Wailers
Amsterdam- Peter Bjorn and John
True Affection- The Blow (what a great song)
Upon This Tidal Wave of Young Blood- Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
Personal Jesus- Depeche Mode
This Beard Is For Siobhan- Devendra Banhart
Short Stacks- The Ditty Bops
Tribulations- LCD Soundsystem
Faded Love- Patsy Cline
Fuck The Pain Away- Peaches
Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town- Pearl Jam
Telamon Bridge- Spoon
Make Me Smile (Come Up and See Me)- Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel
To Be Alone With You- Sufjan Stevens
Built To Last- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers (also a very good song)
Jamie (Live and Acoustic)- Weezer
Track 1?- Wolf Parade
La Dispute- Yann Tiersen
What's The Use- Edith Frost (incredible)
I'd Rather Be Blind- Etta James
A Mistake- Fiona Apple
Hide and Seek- Imogen Heap
What Goes Around- Justin Timberlake
Somewhere Only We Know- Keane
Destroy Everything You Touch- Ladytron
A Baby For Pree- Neutral Milk Hotel

Yup.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huh, who knew you liked Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers???? And that is a good song.

cc said...

Man, I've like TP&THB since their greatest hits album in eighth grade. Then in college my roommate had the boxset and it was like 'wow so many good songs that weren't in the greatest hits': amazing.

Anonymous said...

Oh wait, Justin Timberlake???? How did that entry slip by my scan?

Randomness from the Empress Josephine: " I like cereal."

Anyway, I don't even know some of the artists listed and maaaaaannnnn do I feel old.