Friday, November 09, 2007

Roll Eyes

Yesterday I was told that our company's not as busy as they expected, so the position I was hired for is being disappeared. But that it's nothing personal and that there's another similar job in the company that I'd be welcome to have. I have until today to decide. I mean the decision is pretty obvious: same basic job function, same salary, different department and title. But then this morning I get an email from a job in Florida I almost got then didn't back in May. Asking if I'm still interested. I mean. Now what?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The job in Florida was the internship, right? The only perk
was a shared group apt? No health?
No guarantee it would go anywhere beyond the 6 (?) months? No payment for moving expenses?
Pro I guess is it was more of a writing job?

mmc

Anonymous said...

Auntie Social's Guide to Employment DEEE Limmas:

Thusly.

If you are interested in FL say yes I am interested.

If the revised job is do-able say yes.

If FL comes back and says Talk to me babeeee then you talk to FL.

If not, you are still employed in the not-so-fabulous winter months.

So if eventually FL says come on down, you can go on down, or not, moving from one job to another.

That is what Auntie Social's Guide says.

Me, I am now trying to sort out how to make my acceptance into a grad school and a potential full time job actually co-exist...All I know is yes to grad school and waitin' to see from the alleged job...Goin' from 0 to 150 mph can make a person's head snap and eyeballs water.

m.lady said...

You stay in Chicago!!!!