Friday, November 30, 2007

Sailboat Livin' Large

Yesterday morning I got an email. It was the most exciting email I've gotten in a long time. In it I was offered a paid internship...in Key West...in which, for at least a part of the time, I will be living 'in a 30 foot sail boat built in 2002 in an upscale marina'. It has electricity and cable. Probably not a shower. But heck! Soooooo. Yeah. Um. Knock on wood, cubicle or wall-space but, like, I'm totally going to be in Key West starting in January....working in a more writerly, though drudgey, fashion.

Yip, yip, yow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh man! Promise me that if you learn how to sail that thing you call me and we will go a'sailin'!

And what sort of writerly stuff will you be doing?

Watch out, all the long lost cousins will descend upon you in the gloom and drear of February and/or March!

Congrats!