Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Pho and Rolls c/o Tank Restaurant

Yesterday was my birthday and so I took the day off from work. I got to sleep in a little bit and I got to eat a fair amount. For lunch the parents and I went to Pho Xe Tang (Tank Noodle) for some pho and spring rolls. The rolls didn't have as much natural flavor as I was hoping for...a big helping of cilantro or basil and a little lemon juice would be so very nice. I had Pho # 44...because I wanted brisket. It also had tendon. But I didn't eat the tendon. I just looked at it and felt confident that I didn't want to eat it. The bowl of noodles and broth was huge. Noodles were plentiful, the meat was not so amazing (especially in comparison to our dinner meal...but that, my friends, is another post entirely). The broth, as my father pointed out, definitely had a little sweet taste to it that it hasn't in the past. Or not exactly sweet. Dad thought maybe allspice. I'm not sure what I'd say it was. But it was there. I want to go back there or to another one of the myriad Vietnamese restaurants in the area and try a sandwich or something other than Pho.

No comments: