Saturday, November 03, 2007

Pie, You Say?

On Wednesday night No-Longer-Wayward came over and helped me make not one, not two, not three but four pies! Apple pies. Made with the apples I picked last week. This one has a rainbow with apple clouds on either side (it was taken home with No Longer).
I brought one pie to work but the people in the office don't seem to like office pies. Whoops I mean apple pies. They don't like apple pies. One said that she was allergic to cooked apples and yet not uncooked ones. I, in my head, questioned the soundness of this reason not to eat my freshly baked pie...then I got over it.
So two pies down...two to go. These days I make something for Chicagoist and then I live off it for the next week (first with soup, then lasagna and now pie). Pie for breakfast, check. Lunch, yessir. Dinner, oh you betcha.
Right now I'm waiting for a college chum to wing her way (well, she's already winged, technically) on the train to my house. Once she gets here I will insist we go out to eat and then come home for pie. Well, I won't insist if she doesn't want to. Whatevs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You mean to tell me there are people out there in the world who don't eat home made pie????? And really, an allergy to cooked apples but not raw? I am thinking someone just needs to be more honest about his/her food issues. Pie for breakfast sounds way better for you than say those yummy looking artery clogging diner breakfasts you like so well.

Big Q: Did you make the crust too? Crust is my downfall, which is why when I have good fresh abundant fruit I cheat and make a cobbler. No fail with no crust!