Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Sunday Dinner c/o Hopleaf

On Sunday, after work, I met up with the college chum and her high school buddy and the buddy's gaggle of friends at Hopleaf. Well, three friends. Is three enough for a gaggle? Would it help to make them a gaggle if it turns out that they were lesbians? No? Shoot. They arrived before me and added our party to the waiting list for a dining room table. While we waited I had a Three Brothers beer of some kind. It was slightly darker than beers I usually like...but I actually liked it.
For living so close to Hopleaf I don't go very often. And usually it's just for one drink and not food. And by usually I mean the last three times (also known as the only three times) I've frequented the establishment. I'd always heard good things about their food and so I'm glad that I was finally able to taste it. With dinner I had a Lucifer, I liked it very, very much.
College chum and I split the sausage appetizer. It wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be but it wasn't, by any stretch, bad. I love the mustard.
I had Mussels for one in the wine/cream sauce. The flash made it look very not good. The flash with a little bit of napkin over the flash made it look not much better. But here's the thing: it was very good. The inclusion of bread to sop up all the broth was key. As was the large amount of Belgian style fries with garlic aioli that also accompanied the dish.
Next time I will try their Belgian beef stew. Yeah I will.

No comments: