Saturday, May 02, 2009

First Deck Party of the Season

One of the best, if not the best, features of my apartment is our luxuriously large deck. When D. and I moved in it was September, and we certainly logged a lot of time on the deck...but never quite got around to having a housewarming/just because shin dig. As the weather became more consistent in its niceness, I felt that it was time that D. and I have a little party. She agreed. So, last weekend, that totally happened. I made an artichoke, lump crap parmesan dip. D. made cookies and guacamole.
I also prepared some burgers. L. brought squash that I quickly marinated with a little champagne vinegar, olive oil, sea salt, ground pepper and rosemary as well (people said they liked it very much...I don't care for squash so I didn't try it).
I started the grill but once a dude arrived, a dude who brought his own steak by the by, my time as grill master came to an end. The burgers, as a result, were actually a little overcooked (we didn't wait long enough for the coals to settle into themselves) but still good.


I forget what this was about. L. was getting an explanation of something.
At the end of the night Zul came out and he and L. had a little love time.
I believe L. took additional photographs that I would like to have. But I don't have them yet. Cough. Cough.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i just wanna say that "L"'s curls in that picture with Zul are amazing.

Darts said...

haha thanks jenn...i think chris and i were reliving the cookie incident. let me log into shutterfly and share my pics...