Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sunday Morning in New Hope

Sunday morning we awoke early in order to take advantage of the breakfast aspect of the Fox and Hound's bed and breakfast-ness.
S. and I ordered our meals while J. stayed hidden on our terrace.
There was fruit, which we ate while waiting for our eggs etc.
The breakfast was standard, nothing amazing but certainly pleasant. The bacon could have been better but who am I to complain?
After we ate we got into the car and headed back to George School in time to go to Sunday meeting for worship. I think we all sort of thought that we'd meet up with a few others from the class of '99...but we were the only representatives present. We sat and listened as a good number of teenagers stood up and talked about their hopes and dreams and lessons etc...graduation is very soon and you know how teenagers like to wax philosophic. I haven't been to meeting since high school and I remembered why I liked it at times....and why I didn't like it at other times. It was a beautiful day, warm and with a nice breeze, and the meeting house's doors were wide open, allowing us the ability to sit in silence peaceably and with the sound of trees and birds and unquiet children as part of the backdrop. What?

No comments: