Saturday, May 30, 2009

Birthday! Birthday! Read All About It!

Sunday was C. and G.'s collective birthday party. The boys were born a few weeks (and years) apart and so their combined party fell between G's third and C's fifth birthdays and included....a monster bouncey truck!

There was barbeque, macaroni and cheese, grilled veggies and other nice fixins.
And a cake, of course.


V.'s parents have a nice spread.
Watching little people unwrap gifts in a frenzy is pretty cool, though hard to photograph.

And then there was the pinata. The almost indestructible pinata.
This kid was particularly good at whacking the thing with all she had.
C. had a tendency of hitting the pinata off its hook.
See what I'm talking about.
Serious concentration.
Even more concentration.

Following through.

At one point the adults took over the bouncey thing...well, not all of them...I refused.
The kids were pretty enthralled by this reversal.

Birthday bubbles.
V.'s father showed me and J.'s mom their garden and let us pick some onions. He also gave me radishes and lettuce. Mmm, mmm. While it may be rather well established that I'm not a particularly avid gardener, I love it when I know people who are!
It was a great afternoon. The kids all had a great time, as did the adults I believe. I thank V.'s parents/family for letting me participate in the day.

No comments: