Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Reunion Part 2, Dinner and Drinks c/o Green Parrot

Eventually the pulsating mass that was the group of people from the class of '99 managed to pull itself away from the magnetic draw of the George School campus and arrive safely at Friends' Bar in Newtown. Unfortunately for us, Friends Bard didn't like the look of approximately 20 older 2o-somethings walking into their establishment at once...so we stood there for a while, it was awesome. In the end we went to Green Parrot. J., V. and I snuck away from the larger group and had ourselves some dinner. I had the chicken club. It was fine in that way that food at American sports bar/restaurants are.
J. doesn't drink, the glass in her hand is just a prop for this photograph. L. was my junior year roommate. These two recounted a story from high school in which I was a very successful prankster...and I have absolutely no memory of it ever happening. This disturbs me since I usually consider myself a bit of the 'memory like a steel trap' type.
All these lovely ladies were hallmates of mine at one point or another...some multiple points.
In all arenas of my life I've been doing a lot of high and low fiving. Here L. jumped on the bandwagon.
Pizza came out of nowhere...or it came from somewhere, but I'm pretty sure it didn't come from the establishment's kitchen.
Mr. Ass, surrounded by women and looking out into the distance.
It was a nice 'warm up' for Saturday...acclimating oneself to large numbers of people from your past...here's the thing: I see a number of people from high school on a semi-regular basis...maybe once or twice a year, maybe once or twice a month....so a good number of these faces weren't entirely flabberghasting to my sense-memory....but all of them at once? Woo buddy, that's something else. What?

No comments: