Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Familiar Faces

After our first day of races I peeled/pealed? off from the 'grown ups' and went to Daddy Mountain and Mommy Meadow's house for dinner, drinking and general kevetching. Last year when I went to Maryland for C.'s bachelorette party I stopped by and had a great time for two nights, so when I decided to go to the Preakness I emailed Mommy Meadow to see if she'd be amenable to another visit; she was game for a visit, so visit I did. Also in attendance was Sister Brook, which was great since I remember her as this little quiet person and now she's a snarky bad ass with the same kind of car as me. Heh. We sat out on their deck and drank wine and Daddy Mountain grilled steak and veggies and it was good times. I stayed late and enjoyed it. Thanks to all three of them for the good conversation and company.
I don't know why.
I have a feeling that this is probably one of the worst photographs ever taken of three women who look better than this. But whatever.

No comments: