Sunday, May 31, 2009

Fishing in The Rain, Just Fishing in The Rain

After the party we went back to J. and V.'s house where a little regrouping took place. Once that regrouping was put into order, and birthday presents were played with -water balloon fights, it turns out, aren't quite as effective if the balloons will only pop when they hit the grass/if you throw them at thirty miles per hour (too hard for little people)- we went a fishing.
It started to rain as we arrived but there was a nice dock enclosure to wait it out. It was super pretty.

Then we got down to the fish at hand.

I think this is the brim or crappie (crappy?) that I caught. We never quite had the timing to get a picture with me and any fish that I caught, so I get confused about whether I caught the fish or if I was only taking the photograph.
Another fish.
And yet another.
The last few fishing experiences I had were all with lures, not live wormy bait. I baited my own hook, making sure that the worms wouldn't be able to slide off on their own and let me tell you that it's kind of gross and definitely messy. I found myself with dirty wormy hands and nothing to wipe them off on...until J. graciously told me that she had been using her own jeans and I could too...this made me a little prissy, that I wouldn't simply get my own jeans dirty, but ugh. Actually, in the end I dirtied my own jeans just because it seemed ridiculous to make J.'s pants an mudbath. Heh. Like bloodbath, only with mud!

No comments: