Sunday, May 03, 2009

My Crabcakes Are Better Than yours

My walk wasn't too long...I applied sunscreen to my fair skin and wore a hat, but it was super sunny and hot and I feared the dreaded pink of a sunburn...and I wasn't wrong to be fearful, I ended up a little pink. When I returned home I decided to deal with some of the remaining lump crab meat I had since it didn't all go into the party's dip. I made crab cakes, is what I did. Now this may sound weird, but I'm going to tell you what I did. I basically made standard crab cakes except that one portion of the bread-crumb like element was replaced with crushed lime Tostito chips. I know it's a bit out of the ordinary, but it worked pretty well. Sauteed them in a little olive oil and ate them with a bit of cilantro and sliced tomatoes. Tasty. That's what they were, tasty.

2 comments:

nc catherine said...

I like the idea of lime tostitos...and the idea of such a rich dip too...recipe for dip? Not that I need the dip, just want the dip!

Unknown said...

cilantro makes me silly