Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Oysters and Beer c/o Fin's

I also worked the day after Christmas. My trusty Starbucks was open and I sat in a corner and dutifully did my work. I was glad, however, when my work for the day was completed and I headed over to Fin's Raw Bar for a round of oysters with my parents. It was a Friday, so it was crowded, but my parents, ardent oyster lovers and early birds that they are, had grabbed three prime stools right in front of where all the oyster shucking/beer distributing went down (they made friends with one of the shuckers, who was also a bus/water boy at the Victoria restaurant). I had an Allagash White.
Then I had a mix of Hog Island (the happy hour oyster), Beau Soleils and Chincotegue oysters. Mmmm. Shucked in front of my very eyes and so tasty.
We also shared some steamed shrimp, and I had a Mad Elf beer that I liked very much. The shrimp weren't bad, though I realize that I measure all shrimp against these.

No comments: