Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Christmas Eve Lunch In Rehoboth

Christmas Eve, as I mentioned, I went to work. This was at a Starbucks. We've been through this. Anyways, so for lunch I met up with my parents at Victoria's Restaurant. I told my parents that I felt like I was stuck in a dollhouse. There were birds in the lobby (I guess Queen Victoria liked birds? And doilies? And pink?) and a lovely view of the beach/ocean.
I had their crab soup. It was very creamy and there were a few nice bites of relatively quality crab, but it was a little nutmeggy or bland, except for that hint of spice. My mother had the seafood bisque, which was a little more complex but equally thick. Like, really thick.
Then I tried their shrimp 'po boy'. It was not a success.
It was a nice view though, and the commitment to a Queen theme was decent...though the waiters and waitresses were not in costume. My father had the salmon special, I think, and he liked it. Unless that was another day. My mother had crabcakes and I think that 'meh' would sum up her feeling about it perfectly.

No comments: