Thursday, January 15, 2009

Late Supper At Fin's

My father had the fried oyster combo with grits and slaw, if I recall correctly. I believe that the slaw was too hot? I tried an oyster, it was a pretty good fried oyster, but not really special like the oysters at Cochon. Speaking of oysters! Oh my did I have an interesting variety of oysters last Sunday. One day I will be able to post photographs of those oysters, one day.
My mother had the steamer platter and was entirely satisfied.
I had a dozen oysters, beau soleils mainly, I think?
And a overly topped/dressed salad. The highlight for my meal was the oysters. Mmmm, oysters!
You know there are people who could write pages about why they like oysters. And I can hardly think of two sentences. The adjectives that come to mind aren't terribly cerebral, they are more like 'yummmm' or 'tastalicious'. I like how cold the oysters are, and I like the options of lemon and ketchup and horseradish and vinegar. At Fin's they also offered a ginger dressing that was very refreshing. Thank you to my father for finding this place, wanting to explore its menu and buying me such wonderful mollusks. Bicuspids? What? Aren't bicuspids in your teeth? I could google it, but I'm not going to. I'm letting my language inadequacies all hang out.

No comments: