Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Christmas Day Beach Walk

The puffin eating, for me, happened on Christmas (for my parents I think it happened every day...they became quite fond of Oby Lee Coffee Roastery), as did this walk.
It's amazing how different one can make sand when adjusting levels. I can't remember what color the sand looked like in real life.
This rock looked almost translucent when wet. It looks far more solid now that it's dry. I'll have to take a photograph of the dark, circular stone I found that had a bit of coral attached to it (dead coral, just so we're clear). I don't know how it came to be but it is neat.
My mother noticed this line of stones. She was of the opinion that someone must have made them parallel. At the time I thought that it could simply be a combination of the stones' weight and the push and pull of the waves. I am now thinking that my mother was probably right.

Not a single dog would come up and say hello to my mother and me, we were quite disappointed. We ended up walking almost to Rehoboth and back.

No comments: