Thursday, January 22, 2009

New York Is The New Baltimore

The Friday of the last Indian lunch was a day unlike the many days that came before it: manageable and calm. After a weekend or two of 6-8 hour days, I was looking forward to not having to come into the office. What I was unclear about was how best to take advantage of regaining my own time. I have adjusted to Philadelphia a bit more as the months go by, but I'm still struggling to get myself out into the city in order to meet a larger social network. This is, in part, due to my own laziness and lack of interest in most things and should be fought. But, that Friday I didn't feel like dealing with the fact that I have very few non-work friends, I just wanted to hang out with people who knew me, who liked doing and talking about the same kinds of things. So, through all this internet communication we have in the world, when L. suggested I come to New York and K. backed her up, I decided that was exactly what I was going to do. So I got out of work, went to 30th Street Station, bought myself a roundtrip SEPTA/NJ Transit ticket to Penn Station and awaaaaay I went. Once on the train, I got a call informing me that I would have some work on Saturday, which was tricky. But not that tricky! I simply woke up super early (after staying up quite late with L., just shooting the shit) and worked 'remotely'. In order to really get excited about this, however, a bagel was needed.

Unfortunately, this bagel, though it came from the same place as my best bagel of 2008, was a bit of a let down. The cream cheese not as wonderfully lox-y but still unnaturally pink. Ah well, it still allowed me to get what needed to be accomplished done.

1 comment:

Darts said...

yessssssssss Bmore!