Saturday, March 11, 2006

The Way

Yesterday I drank some beer with friends at Exchequer Pub. I should have gone home after that but instead I followed the crowd and went to Casey Moran's...where we danced and drank beer and a guy bumped into me and made beer spill all over my shirt.

At some point I decided it was time to go home and that I was going to take a cab (a six dollar ride) I got dropped off at the corner and proceeded to walk home. I came across a very nice cat. It was friendly and grey and meowing and liked to be petted. I sat down on the sidewalk and hung out with it for awhile. Then I called the boyfriend and asked him to come take a look at the cat and see if it could be ours. But I told him I was on a street that I wasn't and so he never showed up. Eventually I scooped the cat up (petting her and loving her) and took her home with me.

And now we're seeing if she and Meow Cat can be friends...cat socialization takes time...so...we'll see.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why doesn't the cab take you to your door, it's not as if you're on a one-way street!
How do you know you were scooping up a lost cat? Are you getting a second litter box ?
mcmc

cc said...

in this instance i felt like a little end of the night walk...otherwise the cab would most certainly drop me off at my actual address.

the boyfriend and i will look for and maybe even put up signs about this cat and see if anyone claims her.

but who lets a little young cat run around Chicago at one o'clock in the morning? i don't, that's for sure.

we're still figuring out litter stuff.

Player of words said...

grey cat is beautiful. but who knew you had it in you steal other people's pets ;-)