Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Sausage Makes Anything Better

The boyfriend went to Georgia a few weeks back and came back loaded with venison sausage. Today was the first day that I dipped into this immense stash (our freezer is stuffed not only with the venison from Georgia but also the duck from Louisiana) to add a little meat to my veggie stirfry. I cut about five slices of sausage and mixed it in with radishes, snap peas, asparagus and mushrooms. Did it up in olive oil, salt, a little ginger, cayenne pepper, curry powder and then finally about half a cup of brown rice.

It was okay. The curry made things yellow without adding a lot of flavor.
The sausage had a fair amount of fennel in it, usually this would make me not like it but some other taste balanced the fennel out...If I hadn't known it was venison I wouldn't have been able to taste the difference.

No comments: