Monday, March 13, 2006

Dim Sum c/o Furama Part 20

The boyfriend and I had dim sum yesterday, if you can believe it. I was a little disappointed with our 'waitress'. Dim sum, by its very nature, is a waitress free dining experience...but there are these men and women, dressed in black pants and white shirts who are like traffic directors...they point at the kids pushing the carts and then at a table that needs more options...they are also in charge of filling water glasses, bringing hot tea and, if asked, bringing soy sauce.

Our lady asked us if we wanted hot tea. I said yes please and oh, could you bring soy sauce too? She nodded. But ten-fifteen minutes later we didn't have either...this has never happened before. And she never filled our water glasses after the initial filling. I am sure I sound a tad bit something, but seriously, it bothered me and was totally not the norm. Food was good though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was five minutes.