Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Planetarium

After breakfast we went downtown and a little to Museum Campus. We went to the planetarium and the aquarium. Which is a lot of money, actually. We saw two planetarium shows, one called-shit I forgot exactly what it was called-something like To Infinity or Beyond Infinity or Infinity in Space or Wow Your Mom Is Infinity...which was in their newer facility with an all digital projector. The friend is into/does animation and said he thought a lot of it was subpar...but he was also the guy who majored in astronomy who kept on getting our guide's questions wrong...I'm kidding, he knows his animation and is right about it...he was wrong about the astronomy questions though. We also saw Space In Your Face (that's the real title) and I was pretty let down by it, partly because the graphics paled in comparison and it was all about constellations but without the sky moving a lot...which really is my favorite part.
The boyfriend and friend have gone up to North Chicago-the city not the area-for the night and so I've been trying to catch up on all the reading I should have been doing for classes. Not sure I'm going to be able to. I mean, I'm not all that good a student in general (that's not exactly true...I'm not a bad student but I'm not as complete* about my work habits as my peers) but this week has been pretty bad in terms of getting anything done.

*complete is a filler word for another word I can't remember....it's one part complete, one part thorough and with a little magic something else.

No comments: