Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I've Got a Golden Nugget....He's Got A Golden Nugget!

We went to Golden Nugget for breakfast. It was my first time. I had the 1-2-3 Special. The boyfriend had pigs in a blanket. The friend had an ungodly amount of food whose clever name I don't remember but included eggs, bacon and pancakes with a side of homefries.
The 1-2-3 special was two eggs, sausage links and a biscuit with gravy. I asked for over medium eggs but wasn't too suprised to find them over easy...diners don't really do over medium and yet I ask anyways...just for the chance of being surprised and extremely pleased.
We started with one waitress who gave us coffee/tea and water then took our order. Then, midmeal, we had a new waitress who gave us three more cups of water...though the cups we already had were still full...it was weird.

I like Golden Nugget, it's relatively cheap and they have an hourly buzzer that sounds throughout the restaurant to alert their employees to wash their hands. I mean, come on, how can you beat that?

3 comments:

Jenerator said...

where is the Golden Nugget located? I like breakfast and clean hands.

cc said...

the one we went to was at Lawrence and Ravenswood.
But I think they're all over the city.
I think there's one on Clark somewhere in the (very very) general vicinity of Lakeview?

Jenerator said...

I realized once I asked where one was, I don't get out much.
Thanks.