Thursday, March 16, 2006

Shedd Aquarium

As a human being I am amazed by the wonders of the sea...how evolution has ended up with neon colored fish and crabs roughly the size of Cyprus. Whenever I go to an aquarium I go first as a human being and second as a fish eater...and that second role I play allows me-rather paradoxically-to think about how good many of the fish displayed would be, in my belly. For example these huge crabs.
I don't think I made it clear how big these crabs are...they're really friggin big, like the size of small televisions...with legs and claws and tiny little eyeballs.
Pretty.
These turtles were cute. Here's why. One of these two small turtles kept swimming after one of the larger ones, trying to hug it and love it and say hello (personification obviously) but the big one would have none of it, sweeping its large claw through the water and batting the smaller guy away. Then another small one came up and they started doing this dance, front legs batting each other lightly while their heads bobbed in front of each other. God knows what this was really about but it was cute.

2 comments:

Cate said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cate said...

I'll try that again without a typo. ;)

Ohhhh, I love the turtles - so cute!