Saturday, February 11, 2012

Lunch c/o Cichetteria 19

The Wednesday before my Bahamas departure I had a few errands I had to run in order to be totally prepared for the vacation that awaited me. It was also 65 degrees and gorgeous. So when I found myself in Center City with most of my errands complete, I decided a last minute Restaurant Week lunch was in order. I got in touch with LW, who also took the day off, and we ended up meeting at Cichetteria 19 (now being rebranded as C19). The deal for lunches during restaurant week is that you get a 3 course meal for $25. Or I think it was $25. I ordered a cocktail, the main notes of which were aperol and seltzer. I liked it though the orange garnish was a little withered.
We both chose the soup option for our first course...peas and rice with Porcsalt bacon bits to boot. An above average rendition of split pea soup.
We also both opted for the "Jonathan King Burger," which was prepared with roasted leeks, Lancaster mushrooms and Gorgonzola dolce. It also came with fries.
A hearty burger nicely seasoned. Didn't go overboard with the gorgozola, which is good because that stuff was riiiiiich. Not really capable of competing with Village Whiskey's wow factor, but definitely a cut above the standard.
And there you have it, basically my last meal worth mentioning before the Bahamas.

No comments: