Thursday, February 09, 2012

Brunch at Khyber Pass

At some point before my recent vacation I went on a second date. I won't really get into that, but I did take the suggestion of brunch as an opportunity to cross one of the restaurants on my New Years Resolution list off. We started with the beignets, all hot and sugared up.
I debated between a po boy and the fried green tomato BLT and in the end I followed the call of the green tomato, with a side of collard greens. There were a lot of other things on this menu that I'd like to try - fried chicken, the aforementioned po boys, grits etc. The beer list is also no joke. I will return.
Afterwards I met up with BC and enjoyed a mega margarita at Applebees. Our bartender gave us some interesting advice and perspective on the dating game.

1 comment:

nc catherine said...

Oh do share the bartender advice and insight on the dating game...I am sure it is less fraught for the younger in the world, goodness knows is it practically impossible in the older folk world. Or at least I hope it is less fraught....Ah me....