Saturday, February 18, 2012

Lobster Sandwich c/o Coral Sands Restaurant

We ended up having lunch at the Coral Sands Beach Bar and Lounge. This was our view.
I had a lemon dacquiri, which blew my mind with its awesome sweet and tartness. I ended up having a second one free of alcohol I liked the taste so much.
We split the conch fritters, which L. declared the best she'd had. I will say they were slightly higher quality in terms of actual bits of conch and flavor. I also liked the little salad garnish with peppers and capers.
I had been hoping for lobster at some point on the trip, so when I saw the lobster sandwich on Bahamian bread I knew that was the dish for me.
L. went with the grilled Mahi-Mahi with arugula, avocado, heirloom tomatoes and a lemon-olive oil vinaigrette.
I was pleased by the lobster to mayo ratio and the bread was ridiculously - but pleasingly so - buttery.
After our meal we traipsed down to the beach and enjoyed some time in the sun. The beaches were made up of pink sand, but it wasn't really obvious unless you scooped up a bit of it into your hands. L. couldn't get over how fine it was, like confectioner's sugar.

I got into the water briefly, but the water was just a tad more busy/wave-y and I didn't stay in for too long.
As we walked our way back to the ferry dock, we saw plentitudes of mama chickens with their little chicklets.
Another wonderful day. So glad the sun came out and stayed put.

No comments: