Thursday, September 01, 2011

Sushi c/o Sakura and the Neighbors

On Tuesday. This Tuesday is the Tuesday I'm talking about ... just two days ago. I went to my next door neighbor's to return the measuring tape I had borrowed a day or two before. I talked a little with he-J. and she-J. (different from the other Js) for a while and briefly held their baby, S. At some point they suggested I come on over for dinner. I had a little cleaning to do because S. - my roommate up til yesterday - was getting checked out the next day and I wanted to make sure that cat hair wasn't swirling around and that the kitchen was presentable. In any case, we agreed that I would return in a little bit once I accomplished those tasks. And that's just what I did. Dinner came c/o Sakura and included tuna, salmon, avocado and shrimp tempura rolls. And eel too I think.
It was a nice spread. While we snacked and chatted we drank cans of Coors Light and tasted the Rockies.
I also made friends with S. She and I have met a few times before, but I think this time she was a little more interested in what I had to offer, silliness and smiles mainly.

I ended up staying much later than I meant to, but in a good way. We've been friendly neighbors for a years now, but I don't think we have properly hung out since the 2010 Super Bowl. Thanks to all for the meal and the company!

1 comment:

nc catherine said...

Oh gosh a perfectly charming absolutely bald-headed baby girl! I recall a big headed bald baby girl who is now a blogger par excellence/excellente oh hell whatever and a not-quite-so-big headed bald baby girl who is now rocking her senior SENIOR year in high school.

Give baby S a super fabulous hug or whatnot from a mom-of-bald. And beware the maroons in the world how think bald baby is instantaneously boy baby...um no?! Even in pink onesies bald baby here was mistaken for a boy...

The sushi looks awesome. Here I go again ready to bust the budget for an all I can eat extravaganza...it could happen...