Thursday, September 08, 2011

Dinner c/o Johnny Brenda's

After we consumed just a little more beer at Frankford Hall (half liters compared to my earlier liter), we departed with the goal of eating dinner at Johnny Brenda's, conveniently located just around the corner. It was still early, so the place wasn't crowded and we got to sit at a big booth by the window. C. ordered the gazpacho while I ordered the halloumi. The presentation for the gazpacho was quite nice, but C. wasn't overwhelmed with its greatness. I also took a try of the gazpacho and would agree that it was pretty lacking. It didn't have that really fresh tomato taste that makes gazpacho so lovely, and its consistency was watery - not creamy or textured with bits of actual tomato.
The halloumi fared better, as far as my opinion of it. Though I need to just accept that I don't really care for figs.
I went with a cheeseburger for the main event of my meal. It was just that kind of day. And it was satisfying. Wouldn't really hold a candle to Village Whiskey, but not shabby either.
We were also very attracted to the fried okra option, so we ordered a side of fried okra. Perhaps in the end this was more food than we could rightfully consume, but still good.
C. ordered shrimp and grits? Or was it polenta? It looked pretty though I can't remember what C. ended up thinking about it.
Burger innards.

No comments: