Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Museum Afternoon

September marks the beginning of a new season at my workplace, so I took last Friday off before I couldn't do such a thing anymore. I cleaned a bit in the morning, and then I walked to the museum. It was a really warm and lovely day. Kids in the fountains and all that. Not this fountain though.
Thanks to the membership my father gave me for Christmas, I was able to get my little tab quickly and go on my way. I took some photos of somethings I liked the look of or otherwise found compelling.
This is stained glass I think.
I love the motion in this one.
It looks better if you click on it and see it at a larger size.

The main hallway.
So much intricacy. I wonder if anyone has counted how many images of Christ on a cross the museum has. Or someone else on the cross. How many images of crucifixions by cross are there in the Philadelphia Museum? So many I bet.
I think this was a French room.

This is what lightning looks like up close.
I liked the light quality in this painting but no shot I took could properly capture it.
So I played around with it instead.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Job