Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Poached Cod and Whipped Potatoes c/o McCrossens

Last Monday LW and I met up and went to McCrossen's for a beer and snacks. Well, I had beer while LW enjoyed herself some cold water. I agonized over the snack I would choose, waffling back and forth between the poached cod with whipped potatoes and grilled bread and the pork belly. Ultimately I went with the cod. I didn't really know what to expect, though I had intuited that it would be a pretty white dish. So I'm not sure if I could have been surprised by the actual presentation. I guess maybe I had imagined a piece of cod next to a small serving of potatoes. Instead it was cod mixed in with the potatoes and a liberal dose of buttery goodness. The grilled bread, though not pictured, was also great. I started to (as I would imagine I should have) spread the cod/potatoes on the bread and enjoyed the carb overload that followed.

2 comments:

Lakisha said...

I missed Beer and Cheese at McCrossen's on 9/20. booo :(
I would like to check it out tonight though. Love your writing, tell LW howdy...maybe I will see her tonight.

Lakisha (from the Reisling/Cheese night at McCrossens)

cc said...

I missed the cheese event too. Alas. Hope McCs was hopping yesterday!