Saturday, September 17, 2011

Morning Walk at Holy Cross Abbey

I was a little surprised to find myself the first one awake on Sunday morning. While it's typical for me to awake before many of my peers, the folks in Berryville were a more mature group and I expected many to be early risers. And I think maybe they were ... it's just that I still got up before them. I missed sunrise proper, but the light outside beckoned, so off I went on a walk about.

Farms: where trucks go to die.
I loved walking the fields, avoiding cow shit and keeping a respectful distance from the cows themselves. If I got too close they'd all look at me in a way that creeped me out. I imagined walking up to them and then having them all stampede me to death.
Thistle?
Giant mushroom.
Pretty pretty.
This was just one of four or five junked trucks in one field. I took a photo of all of them on my phone, but that will be for another 'phone photo round up.'

This truck lost its guts and hood. A shell of its former self.

I love when the phrase 'rolling hills' really makes sense.

Nuts?

Yellow bird flying away from its friend.
Itty bitty mushrooms. Hallucinogenic? Dunno.
Farms: where tires roll their last breath. What?



Here is a photo of the triplet calves. I petted them because they were too tired to bother running away/hadn't yet learned that they don't want humans touching them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent. Thanks