Saturday, September 24, 2011

Rittenhouse Square Art Show/Farmers Market and Breakfast c/o Parc

Last Saturday I walked on down to Rittenhouse Square to take a look at this year's Fine Art Show, and to see what the farmers were selling. I got down there early enough in the day that one could still navigate the packed sidewalks without completely losing their minds.
I did a quick walk around half of the booths that were open and arty before deciding to enjoy a slightly overpriced breakfast at Parc. The art show was a big enough deal that they blocked off a piece of the street and Parc and another restaurant expanded their sidewalk tables right into the street. I still got a table under the awning, but by the time I finished my meal people were beginning to be seated in the spillover section.
I chose to go with the two eggs any style with sausage. The eggs were really pretty took look at, but not 100% awesome. I don't know what they use to keep the whites together (generally it's vinegar I think, but these eggs didn't have that taste to them) but the result was a slightly rubbery white. The yolks were oozy and good, but the strange consistence of the whites threw me off a little.
The sausage was juicy, the bread fluffy and the potatoes hearty.
Not a bad way to start a day. I ended up buying a small print of a blue bird that I will eventually get framed and hang somewhere, though for the time being it has just added to the ridiculous lack of order that constitutes my room. I am on the verge of not becoming a hoarder per se, but some sort of person who has given up on the concept of order. I need a paper shredder. And a maid.

1 comment:

nc catherine said...

I have a paper shredder but it is only as good as the timeliness of the operator; I still got piles of paper.

I don't have a maid, but would like one. But he or she or they can't come the first til I have cleaned my house. And shredded my papers.