Friday, September 16, 2011

Berryville Sunset and Chicken

After my river walk I returned to the house and sat with H. and Dad on the porch for a while. Then H.'s friends M. and P. arrived and also sat outside for some time. I again meandered away and talked with some friends/employees of the farmer, who pointed out that the baby cows (also known as calves) I noted in a pen near the house were all from the same mother. Triplets! This was, according to them, nearly unheard of. I wish that I had managed to get a good photograph, but I didn't. So instead you'll just have to deal with sunset photos.

I think sepia toning many of these images is the right move.
This is not sepia toned. It's just sunset.

This, however, is sepia toned.
Eventually H.'s brother and his wife arrived after a long journey from Athens, Georgia. We ate in the Spanish style. Ie. late. Here is H.'s brother doing an excellent job of carving up a roasted chicken that I had nothing to do with making.
The finished product.
And scene. It was a nice evening full of laughter and stories of muggings and kidnappings and robberies and quick engagements and flights to Kenya and the like. I guess most all of us eventually have them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

spablerBRAVO