Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Happy Hour c/o Frankford Hall

Later on, after the museum and some attempts at tidying at home, I met up with C.P. and we walked up to Girard to take the trolley over to Frankford Hall so we could take advantage of the establishment's happy hour. This happy hour includes $10 liters, $5 half liters, $8 for a half liter and a sausage, and maybe one other deal that I can't recall at this moment in time. I went for the straight up liter. I didn't vary the beer from my last visit because, well, I like Kolsch so why mess with a good thing?
As we sipped our beers, admired babies from afar and generally enjoyed the good atmosphere and warm weather, we played rip-off Jenga.
In the end I was the one who made it collapse, but we both commented that the blocks weren't as smooth or as uniform in size as a proper Jenga set. I guess I get why the place wouldn't spring for the real thing when drunk idiots will knock the things over one way or the other, but as a relatively sober player I must say that there was a difference. It's like people who say that whole wheat pasta tastes the same as regular pasta, or that skim milk is just as good as whole in one's coffee: they are lying to themselves and trying to convince you that you are the crazy one. You are not the crazy one. Nor am I.
It really is a nice outdoor space. I'm curious to see what the vibe will be like as fall weather takes over the world. I'll also be interested to see how the indoor space feels once the outdoor area closes for the season - because it'll have to close at some point, you would think.

3 comments:

nc catherine said...

Cute shirt.

And I am always amazed that you can consume a beer that large before it gets warm! Congrats.

I totally get that rough Jenga bars would be a nuisance.

I think they should stay open outside in blizzards with those crazy infra red smokin' hot patio heaters...but then that would be too ridiculous.

joshy@FH said...

We will absolutely being keeping the outdoors open all winter long! No crazy sci-fi infra-red heaters... just crazy 80,000BTU hanging heaters, standing heat-lamps and a giant fire-pit. Plus hot cocktails. Hope to see you for the first blizzard.

cc said...

mmm hot drinks!