Saturday, September 24, 2011

PIGOATYSTER

After my breakfast I walked back home and prepared myself for the drive I planned on making up to Brooklyn in order to once again enjoy the wonder of a Pigoatyster night. Once properly overprepared for a one night's stay away, I drove to Brooklyn. The drive went pretty well until I got off the New Jersey turnpike and made my way towards the 278 on ramp. Then I pretty much sat in traffic for half an hour. In the end, however, I arrived in Brooklyn. The pigoatyster fest didn't happen until later in the evening, so after hanging out with L. and Fat. T at their place, L. went to a kickball game while I went to Apartment 138 to have a beer with M. and T. This was a pretty impromptu plan, and I was a little trepidatious about it. M. and I haven't hung out since we watched Get Smart together in 2008. I had accidentally run into T. during one of my visits to Brooklyn over the past year, but I think the last time I was part of a group hanging out with him I still lived in Chicago. So it's been a while, and they were really my ex's friends more than mine, or certainly started out that way. So I did worry that we'd have nothing to talk about. But it was actually quite nice to catch up and I enjoyed two beers and deviled eggs to boot.
Then with a hasty goodbye to M. and T. I was meeting up with Fatty and S. and walking to E.'s to bask in piggy glory, goaty and oystery glory. Here lies the pig.
That guy with the knife was a very good pig cutter. This year I avoided sauces and happily ate my pig straight up.
I missed getting in on the oysters, but I accept that.
There were a good number of other treats for consumption, including sesame noodles, individual little lasagna type things and cabbage salad.
A strawberry cheesecake kind of thing.








It was great to see some familiar faces and to enjoy a nice night in Brooklyn. At the end of the night I got stuck in L. and Fat T.'s stairwell and slept there until the fire department could come help me in the morning. It was awkward for everyone.

2 comments:

Davy1Cub said...

It seems too bad not to the oysters
and how were you stuck in the stair?

cc said...

Well, that's a joke. I wasn't really stuck:)