Sunday, October 24, 2010

Lunch c/o La Paz

When we went to Samurai for dinner, I noted the Mexican place across the street...well, one of the Mexican places across the street. Later on I took a look at its menu online and determined that I was interested in its fare and mentioned this to my father. So, for lunch one day, we went to La Paz. They started us with salsa and chips.
I ordered a burrito that I can't find on their menu. It had chicken and spinach and other stuff inside of it. It was above average but not as good as a similarly styled dish I had in Cowan on my last Tennessee visit, though it looked better.

Dad ordered a tamale and chille relleno. He was a bit disappointed that his tamale didn't have meat inside it and had a lively conversation with the manager all about it. This guy understood the concept of customer service, which is funny because my father really wasn't complaining/had no reason to complain. Or, that's how I see it. Expectations that a manager should address include the food being served at the right temperature and all, but if a place makes a dish a little differently than you're used to, that's not as much of an actionable crime in my book. Point being is that the guy offered to take the tamale off of our bill and promised that if my father told him the next time he was going to come in, the guy would be sure that a few meat-stuffed tamales would be there waiting for him.

No comments: