Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sushi Lunch c/o Sakura

A while back my apartment building's mail slot was inundated with menus from a new sushi place in the neighborhood. Once the free lunches started, I thought it'd be fun to order from said new place; my roommate had ordered from it a couple of times and hadn't said bad things about it. But when I went to find one of the menus in the house, they were not around. This was my roommate's fault and I was grumpy in his general direction for a good three hours. He did not, probably, realize this...but maybe he did. Eventually we got our hands on a menu and the entire office tried the place out. This is not high falutin' fancy sushi. I wouldn't order the chirashi or anything too adventurous, but in terms of workaday, not going to make you sick, but still generally pleasing (and at least not high in cheese/cream/cumin). I went with the yellowtail, salmon skin and spicy white tuna rolls. Their lunch deal was three rolls for $10.95. Reasonable. Next time I might try their bento box lunch special. Or their udon. I could really go for some udon.

No comments: